Monday, September 8, 2014

Review of King Tomb by Scarlett Dawn


A Darker Side to Our Beloved Prodigies…






Synopsis:


Queen Shifter, Lily Ruckler, has found solace in brutal warfare. Her bloodied fists and bared fangs fill the holes left in her memory, the blank spaces that leave her soul aching and empty. Her only pleasure is in blood; her only salvation is the relationship she has with her infant child, the baby of unknown origins who brings her solace and stability. 

When Elder Harcourt summons Lily and her protector Antonio back to the United States, Lily thinks nothing unusual about the change of location. But a standard reconnaissance mission leaves her trapped inside King Zeller's private quarters, and at his mercy. Surprise attraction rapidly turns to a battle of wills and an intense power struggle that leaves no clear victor but plenty of resentment. 
They are not allowed to nurse their wounds. In order to win the war against the Commoners, the King Vampire and Queen Shifter must work together. It should be easy. The war is turning, the battle is deadly, and both Lily and Ezra love the cold cleanliness of combat. 


But their chance meeting has led to more than an unlikely alliance. Secrets have a way of surfacing, especially on a torn-up battlefield, and Lily and Ezra are about to re-learn all they cannot remember. If they can't control their emotions and responses, it will be to their own ruin and the destruction of everything around them.



My review: 5 Stars!
     

I was so excited to review King Tomb. I, like many other fans, have been impatiently awaiting the third installment in the Forever Evermore series.

I absolutely love Scarlett Dawn’s writing style. I’d probably pay to read her grocery list if she’d let me. Her words always flow so well I get lost in them. King Tomb really showcases her talent as a writer and her fantastic story telling ability.

King Tomb starts directly where King Cave leaves off at that crazy good cliff-hanger. This book is mostly concentrated on Lily and Ezra trying to cope and their journey after the mind wipe, the terrible things that happened in book 2, and being King and Queen during a war. I connected so much with Lily in this book because her emotions were so raw, and real. Anger, confusion, sadness, and bitterness. I felt it all with her. I even rejoiced when she got to exact her revenge for some previous wrongdoings. I'm pretty certain that Ms. Dawn could make me fall in love with a rock if she wanted. Her writing is that good.

King Tomb has a LOT of surprises and is quite a bit darker than the other two books, but I think it was completely necessary (and awesome). With all the obstacles and heartaches Lily, Ezra, Pearl, and Jack have faced in the previous installments I can’t see them not changing, and getting a little harder and more fierce. These are not the prodigies we knew in King Hall and King Cave, but I love them just the same. It was also nice to see so much action. Lily and Ezra are total bad-asses in this book and I LOVED watching them excel at ruling their people.


Scarlett’s characters have evolved so flawlessly and effortlessly throughout this series. They have grown up so much and I have never loved a group of characters like I do the Kings and Queens of the Mys community. I honestly don’t know what I’ll do once the series is over.


A few teasers I made! <3



Oh, how I missed Ezra. *swoon*



 Ohhh, yeah....




*Sighhhh*




Just a small sample of her amazing writing. <3

Pre-order King Tomb:



King Tomb is the 3rd book in the Forever Evermore series. If you haven’t read King Hall and King Cave go grab them now! They rock!

Stalk Scarlett Dawn here:   
Author Site- http://scarlettdawn.net/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment